A regular on motorways all over the UK and Europe, the BV5 epitomises the flexibility of our box van range. Purchasers from antique dealers to mobile mechanics, small businesses to utility companies, have all found that this trailer can carry heavy loads or bulk items with ease.
The BV5 series is offered with three headroom options: 5ft (which will clear most garage doors), 6ft or 7ft (not available on BV85). There are length options of 8ft, 10ft or 12ft. Carrying capacities range from 5.95m³ to 12.12m³.
All sizes come with twin axles giving a maximum gross weight of 2700kg. The BV85 is also offered with a single axle and a reduced maximum gross weight of 1400kg.
Tough, smart and easy to clean, the white coated side panels provide the perfect ‘blank canvas’ ready to be sign-wrtten and ideal for graphics and logos.
Fully galvanized chassis and framework, resin-coated timber platform, GRP sides, translucent GRP roof.
- Front access door
- Receiver tracks for cargo straps and poles (4 off)
- Thermo-plastic mudguards
- EC approved auto-reverse braking system
- 165R13C radial ply tyres
- Beam axles with heavy duty leaf springs
- Interior light
- Free registration with The Equipment Register (TER)
- Spare wheel and carrier
Unladen weights listed are for trailers fitted with roller shutter doors. Weights for alternative apertures can be found in the box van brochure.
|Model||Tyres||Gross Weight||Unladen Weight||Internal Length||Internal Width||Overall Length||Overall Width|
|BV85 5' H/R||165R13C||2700kg||640kg||2.40m||1.47m||4.10m||2.10m|
|BV85 5' H/R Single Axle||165R13C||1400kg||550kg||2.40m||1.47m||4.10m||2.10m|
|BV85 6' H/R||165R13C||2700kg||675kg||2.40m||1.47m||4.10m||2.10m|
|BV85 6' H/R Single Axle||165R13C||1400kg||585kg||2.40m||1.47m||4.10m||2.10m|
|BV85 7' H/R||165R13C||2700kg||770kg||2.40m||1.47m||4.10m||2.10m|
|BV85 7' H/R Single Axle||165R13C||2700kg||770kg||2.40m||1.47m||4.10m||2.10m|
|BV105 5' H/R||165R13C||2700kg||705kg||3.00m||1.47m||4.70m||2.10m|
|BV105 6' H/R||165R13C||2700kg||735kg||3.00m||1.47m||4.70m||2.10m|
|BV105 7' H/R||165R13C||2700kg||770kg||3.00m||1.47m||4.10m||2.10m|
|BV125 6' H/R||165R13C||2700kg||800kg||3.60m||1.47m||5.30m||2.10m|
|BV125 7' H/R||165R13C||2700kg||850kg||3.60m||1.47m||5.30m||2.10m|
- The underside of the trailer features a galvanized steel chassis and drawbar, for longlasting corrosion protection.
- Phenol-coated on both sides, our ply platform floors feature an embossed grip pattern on the upper surface.
- Beam Axle & Leaf Spring Suspension
- The Ifor Williams beam axle system increases stability and reliability whilst ensuring minimum maintenance.
- Spare Wheel
- A mounting bracket and spare wheel are fitted as standard to all Ifor Williams trailers for complete peace of mind.
- Coupling Head
- The lockable low-profile coupling head ensures optimum clearance of 4×4 rear doors.
- Front Access Door
- The lockable front access door allows convenient access to the cargo.
- The sturdy galvanized steel roof frame offers strength and security. The translucent GRP roof panel makes our trailers light and airy in the daytime, while at night the interior light provides illumination.
- Cargo Rails
- Each box van features four cargo rails (two each side), running the full length of the side panels, with closely-spaced fixing points to accept the shoring poles/cargo straps.
- Optional Extras
- Cargo restraining straps
- Shoring poles
- Propstands (standard on BV85 single axle)
- Wheel chocks
- Lashing Rings