The Ifor Williams plant trailer range is designed specifically for transporting plant machinery and has been standard equipment for many plant users and plant hire firms since the 1980s. We offer three distinct types of plant trailer; The GP, GX & GH Range.
GX Series trailers are constructed from folded pre-galvanized steel sections with filled-in sides for greater flexibility. The new body design allows the machine operator to safely step down from the cab.
The GP series trailers, widely regarded as the toughest plant trailers in the industry, have an open rectangular steel framework, integral with the chassis. Maximum gross weight of the range is 3500kg. Models range from the smallest GP106 to the largest GP146. Trailers are offered with three tyre options and larger models are also available as tri-axle versions.
The GH range of trailers is the latest addition to our plant trailer range. GH models are of galvanized welded construction with leaf spring suspension ensuring they will withstand tough conditions.
Trailers are offered with hinged adjustable skids or a full-width loading ramp. Sizes range from the smallest GX84 up to the largest GX126. Trailers can be further enhanced by accessories such as a ladder rack, factory fitted aluminium treadplate floor covering, meshside extensions (only practical with full-width loading ramp), bolt on ramp knife edge, recessed lashing rings and 1.8m/6’ skids or ramp in place of the standard size of 1.2m/4’. A built-in bucket rest is standard on all GX models.
GX Models are available with maximum gross weights of 2700kg and 3500kg.
All our plant models are fitted with integrated ramp and skid supports. This standard feature ensures trailers are supported whilst being loaded without the need to deploy prop stands.
The GH94 is the latest addition to our plant trailer range with a 9’ x 4’ platform and a choice of two ramp lengths. Offering a generous payload of up to 2210kg and a maximum gross weight of 2700kg, the GH94 is ideal for customers with a restricted towing capacity and is a favourite with plant hire companies.
- The underside of the trailer features a galvanized steel chassis and drawbar, for longlasting corrosion protection.
- Phenol-coated on both sides, our ply platform floors feature an embossed grip pattern on the upper surface.
- Beam Axle & Leaf Spring Suspension
- The Ifor Williams beam axle system increases stability and reliability whilst ensuring minimum maintenance.
- Spare Wheel
- A mounting bracket and spare wheel are fitted as standard to all Ifor Williams trailers for complete peace of mind.
- Coupling Head
- The lockable low-profile coupling head ensures optimum clearance of 4×4 rear doors.
- Loading Skids
- Fitted to the GP and GX models, these are adjustable for width when deployed.